Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Horse Drawn Cabs Only - Tip-Toe’n’ Wit Ma Bronx Cart (9 September 2015)

Hello All!
- We have been running through Central Park still as much as we can. It's wild—you’re surrounded by African Americans, then you enter Central Park and it's all Caucasians. It's wild how you’re surrounded by a massive city and then you enter into a forest. 

- We walked out of our apartment yesterday and there was this random cat. He ran in and we couldn't find it. We spent an hour looking for it and then gave it back to the neighbors. 

- Found something very scary this week in a project elevator that we can talk about when I get home. Harlem never ceases to surprise me. 

- Luis. So we decided to go on a split and bring Elder Rivera, who is from Honduras, over to Luis' house (the man who loves his Bible). It ended up going really well, and after two hours of intense discussion, he was finally touched by the spirit. This guy is very difficult, but there is just something that keeps telling us to go back. 

- My companion and I have been sick this week, so there hasn't been much that has been going on. 

- Miracle moment - We were at a member’s house. She asked for a blessing, but what was interesting is how she asked. She accidentally said, "Elder, can you give me a patriarchal blessing? Oh no not that, I meant a blessing of healing." (Patriarchal blessings give us some understanding of our callings on earth. They are the word of the Lord personally to us.) We said yes and gave her a blessing. Elder Wadsworth did the anointing and I did the blessing. As I put my hands on her head, I waited, and as I waited I began to really feel the spirit strong. We gave her the blessing, and when we finished, she was crying heavily. We didn't know why, and then she began to tell us that the words that were said were exactly, word for word, what the first half of her patriarchal blessing had said. She had never mentioned anything ever to us about her patriarchal blessing, but yet the Spirit somehow spoke those very words to her. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Clearly Heavenly Father wanted her to be reminded of her patriarchal blessing. It was an incredible miracle and incredible feeling that I will never forget. What was even more amazing was she lives in a project building, and as we walk up, there are cops guarding the ground, people smoking and doings drugs—we walk in and it's extremely loud from people yelling at each other. It is just a very dark feeling. And then from that dark feeling, to be able to feel the spirit so strong in that little project apartment was just so amazing. Elder Wadsworth walked out and said, "Why would anyone ever trade what we felt tonight for anything in the world?" I cannot agree more. It was a very personal, piercing and strong feeling that struck me straight to the core, that God knows us better than we know ourselves, that He is there, and that His love and mercy are infinite. No words can describe what we felt that night. 

Isaiah 49:16—“Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

You are the best,

- Elder Celaya



 Central Park




 with Elder Rivera

with my companion, Elder Wadsorth



ABC's in the Subway (Part I):
: video
Don't you just love these subway performers?!  All of them are so good!  This looks like so much fun. 

ABC's in the Subway (Part II):
video







No comments:

Post a Comment