Wednesday, January 14, 2015

From One Hood to Another (7 January 2015)

Hello all :)! This has been a great week! I'm being transferred out of Yonkers! 

I am leaving Yonkers and going to Kingsbridge in The Bronx (which borders Yonker). I have been to this area before but it is different when you serve there. My companion will be Elder Hausenfluck who will be ending his mission in three cycles. Everyone has been telling me they are very jealous that I get to serve with him because he is so great! He has a gym membership card and he has a membership where he can get someone else in free anytime he goes. My companion (Elder Segura) had him as a companion and he said he is great! He loves playing basketball too. We are both super excited and I can't wait to go to the gym every day now. Sometimes I really miss exercising. I have never realized how much it helps myself function until I've been on the mission and exercising is not available like it was before the mission. I'm very excited to serve with my new companion. We are going to live with two other Spanish elders. Both are awesome! And guess what? I'm going to be living with Elder Lyons again (my MTC companion)! This is going to be a great cycle. It's going to be difficult, but I'm up for the challenge. 

Last preparation day was a great day. Elder Palmer (my now old district leader), Elder Hincapie, Elder Segura and I all went to the Sleepy Hollow Seminary. It was a really cool experience seeing gravestones from the 1700's. After that, we brought Elder Palmer to the mission home (he was going home the following day), and then we went back to the church in Scarsdale and ended up playing basketball. Some of the missionaries were outside playing soccer with some non-members and invited them in to play basketball. They all played on their varsity team so it was really fun to actually play basketball again against some good competition.

I don't have much time today because I need to get everything ready before transfers. Don't wait to change. Start today. Life goes by quickly and you don't want to wait until the day that you are dying to decide to live.

This week has been great. I will let you know how the new area is. 

With love,

Elder Celaya

No comments:

Post a Comment